Bluewren Photos Suite
Originally created in 2008 to capture site conditions for later reference in the design of signage at sites difficult to access around Canberra and not available on Google StreetView, the original concept has been developed into a package of photo recording, viewing and editing tools that is now known as the Bluewren Photos Suite.
The Suite has been in a state of constant evolution and improvement since inception and it has been designed and developed with ongoing feedback from “on the ground” users.
The Suite includes four main elements
The Photo Record Tool provides the functionality needed to capture and classify images in a simple workflow for immediate upload to the cloud for reference by any authorised person with an internet connection.
The Photo Viewer is the main element of the Suite and makes it easy to almost immediately or much later quickly find and view the particular image that meets defined criteria. It also has other useful features for reviewing site conditions and understanding situations and the details of an issue in real time at a location that may be remote to the viewer.
The Bluewren Manager is the interface for administering the Suite including setting up maps and overlays, choosing the classification system and payment options.
The Suite continues to evolve and has been employed on many projects since its inception, these include infrastructure construction surveillance on roads, subdivisions. wetlands, services installations and hard and soft landscaping, also for photo recording to assist in the design of signage installations, feasibility studies and existing condition surveys to illustrate dilapidation of existing assets.
The many benefits available from using the Suite are real and include:
- Photo recording and information logging by in-house or third party users for immediate and future reference
- Appreciation of existing site conditions
- Ability to surveill a work site in near real time with images that are findable for future reference
- Readily available store of images for reporting and promotion
- Understanding of complex situations from targeted photos
- Construction or insurance claim assessments and review
- Appreciation of site conditions and works in progress at any given time through the project
- Record of plant and personnel on site
- Photos to support “Requests for Information”, variations and progress claims
- Establish position relative to planned infrastructure on greenfields sites
- Remote sharing of photo information for collaborative design
- Comparison of asset condition for dilapidation surveys or handover of assets and defect repair monitoring
- Enduring record of site conditions to a user defined classification system for ongoing future reference